E-ACT is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act 2010. E-ACT seeks to reduce disadvantages, discrimination and inequalities of opportunity, and promote diversity in terms of its students, workforce and the communities it serves. Unlawful discrimination and harassment of any member of the academy community is expressly prohibited, and E-ACT is committed to protecting all pupils/students/staff and prospective staff from unlawful discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to:
- the need to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- advancing equality of opportunity between different groups
- fostering good relations between different groups
DSLV’s approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value.
2. We recognise, respect and celebrate difference.
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion.
4. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities that already exist.
5. We have the highest expectations of all our children.
6. We observe equality of opportunity in staff recruitment, retention and development.
Our current equality objectives are:
To close the attainment gap between boys and girls in English, Mathematics and Science at all key stages.
- Ensuring all pupils receive quality first teaching.
- Any gaps identified through data analysis are addressed through targeted interventions.
- Gender stereotypes are challenged and equality of sexes promoted.
- Curriculum content is carefully planned to ensure balanced coverage.
To prevent and respond to all discriminatory/bullying incidents.
- Plan a well-rounded programme of education around anti-bullying & PSHE.
- Collecting information around incidences of bullying to ensure the preventive education programme is having impact.
- Mentors and leaders in school work with children and families following any incidents of bullying to ensure not repeated and appropriate policies followed.
- DSLV Equality Objectives 2021-2024