The pupil premium gives academies extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from Reception to Year 11.
The students eligible for pupil premium funding include:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals
- All children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Children who have been looked after for six months or longer
- £1,345 for pupils in reception to year 6
- £955 per students in years 7-11
- £2,345 for any student who has been in local authority care for one day or more; leaves local authority care if adopted; leaves local authority care under a special guardianship order or a residence order; recorded as both eligible for free school meals in the last six years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
Academy accountability for the pupil premium
The pupil premium is paid to schools as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need.
You can download a copy of our pupil premium strategy below