All requests to join DSLV must be directed to school admissions at Northamptonshire County Council.
To arrange a tour of the school please contact Ms Kay Trippett (01327 313400) Kay.Trippett@E-ACT.org.uk who will arrange a visit and provide any assistance required with any admissions questions / queries.
Parents of children already attending DSLV will no longer have to apply for places when moving within Primary (from Infants to Juniors) or from our Primary to Secondary and The Daventry Sixth Form. All DSLV students automatically have a place under our admission criteria.
Number of places available
Nursery : 39 pupils
Reception, KS1 & KS2 : 60 pupils
Secondary : 180 students
6th Form: 100 per year group
Review Date: January 2022
Parents / Carers can complete an online preference form at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions
After allocating places to children with statements of special educational needs or EHC plan which names the Academy, where there are more applications for admission than places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- ‘Looked after children’ and children who were ‘previously looked after’ but, immediately after being looked after, became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Children of staff employed at DSLV academy in excess of 2 years
- Where there will be an older sibling in attendance at DSLV at the date of admission. Sibling refers to brother or sister, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent or carer’s partner where the children live at the same address.
- Exceptional social or medical needs. If you believe that your child has exceptional medical or social needs you will need to provide evidence of this from an appropriate professional. The needs must relate to your child and the evidence must detail how the needs of your child can only be met at DSLV academy. Information on exceptional medical needs should be sent directly to the school.
- Pupils who live in the linked area associated with the Academy, ie Badby, Everdon, Fawsley, Byfield, Newnham, Weedon Bec, Stowe IX Churches, Upper Stowe, Woodford Halse, Charwelton, Canons Ashby, Eydon, Little Preston, Preston Capes, West Farndon, Dodford, Norton, Daventry. (Secondary Phase)
- Pupils attending the designated contributory primary schools (Badby, Byfield, Newnham, Weedon Bec, Woodford Halse) and continuing in attendance until the final offer of places is made (Secondary Phase)
- Other pupils.
The Department for Education appeals code
For the DfE’s admissions appeals code click here.